At this event hosted by Global Neighbours on April 7th in Munich, the participants could discuss various interesting questions with Prof. Dr. Xuewu Gu:
- Did Xi Jinping know of Putin’s plan to attack Ukraine beforehand?
- Why does Beijing refuse to openly condemn “Putin’s war”?
- What explains the Chinese reluctance to recognize Russia’s annexation of Ukraine’s territories?
- What differentiates Ukraine’s context from that of Taiwan?
- Can and will China play a mediating role to bring about a ceasefire in Ukraine?
Dr. Gu is Professor and Chair of International Relations at the Institute of Political Science and Sociology and Director of the Center for Global Studies at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University of Bonn, Germany.
Organizer: Global Neighbours GmbH/e.V.
Guest Speaker: Prof. Dr. Xuewu Gu
Date & Location: 7 April 2022 in Munich